Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Trees

Thanksgiving is just a week away! (Can you believe it?!)
But, there is still plenty of time to put all of that gratitude to good use.

Thanks to some of my very clever and creative friends, I thought I'd share a simple idea that I really like. The whole family can even get involved.

Have you heard of a thankful tree?

My good friend Heidi does this activity with her family.

She gathers branches and cuts leaves out of cardstock.
(Of course, she also arranges the branches in a cute container and makes everything look charming.)
Then everyone takes turns writing on the leaves the different things they are thankful for.



I love this idea!
And I love that one of the things is cookie dough ice cream. So funny!

This could be a one time activity that you then display until the holiday or something the family members can add to whenever they feel like it.
Love it!

Here is another version of a thankful tree from my sweet friend Carrie.
(Again, she is very clever, very creative and everything always looks so beautiful.)

This is a similar idea with branches and paper leaves, but she also adds an activity onto each leaf that they can do to help show their gratitude.

They can then add onto the leaves the things they are thankful for.

I love this tradition. I love this idea.

I would show you pictures of one of my own thankful trees, but I haven't ever made one.
I definitely need to.

I love this idea.

Thanks Heidi and Carrie for being willing to share! You are the best!

How does your family show their gratitude?
What traditions do you have?
I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Melissa B. said...

This is a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing. Gratitude is a key ingredient to life as we know it.